What Have YOU Always Wanted to Do?

  • How many times have you seen someone playing the guitar or piano and said, "I've always wanted to play the piano?"
  • How many times have you thought, "I should read through the Bible," or "I should watch the sun rise more often?"
  • How many times have you thought, "I should really keep in touch with Aunt Ruby?"


  • I think those thoughts often. So when I saw the concept of 101 in 1,001, I was intrigued. Yeah, I have to admit it--I'm a list-maker. I make lists about what I want to buy at the grocery store, what I want to get accomplished before a big event, or what I want to name my next child. Lists are--well, they make me feel like I'm prepared, and as I mark off each item, they make me feel like I've accomplished something. So, I've decided to make my list of 101 things that I want to accomplish within the next 1,001 days.

    So...what have YOU always wanted to do?

    What Is 101 in 1001?

    I recently read about a project where you make a list of specific goals and give yourself a specific time to complete those goals. the idea, as well as the person's list that I read, was very inspiring. I decided to make a list of my own...

    And I have to complete my list.

    Saturday, December 23, 2006

    Update on Goals

    It's fun to come back and check on this occassionally, to see that I truly am making progress. I was able to check several more things off of the list today. And like I said in the previous post, there are a few things that I really don't think I need to do anymore, so I may have to rethink these at the start of the new year. Maybe add something like, "Save for Christmas" or "Run a 5K" or "Do yoga for eight weeks" which are all things I want to do.

    A lot of them are things I want to do, but money doesn't allow. Still, I have almost a year left to complete my goals.

    I think it's doable.