What Have YOU Always Wanted to Do?

  • How many times have you seen someone playing the guitar or piano and said, "I've always wanted to play the piano?"
  • How many times have you thought, "I should read through the Bible," or "I should watch the sun rise more often?"
  • How many times have you thought, "I should really keep in touch with Aunt Ruby?"


  • I think those thoughts often. So when I saw the concept of 101 in 1,001, I was intrigued. Yeah, I have to admit it--I'm a list-maker. I make lists about what I want to buy at the grocery store, what I want to get accomplished before a big event, or what I want to name my next child. Lists are--well, they make me feel like I'm prepared, and as I mark off each item, they make me feel like I've accomplished something. So, I've decided to make my list of 101 things that I want to accomplish within the next 1,001 days.

    So...what have YOU always wanted to do?

    What Is 101 in 1001?

    I recently read about a project where you make a list of specific goals and give yourself a specific time to complete those goals. the idea, as well as the person's list that I read, was very inspiring. I decided to make a list of my own...

    And I have to complete my list.

    Thursday, May 04, 2006

    Thoughts on Goals

    One thing I've found that's very interesting about this project is seeing how my interests and goals have changed, seeing how some of these things aren't as important to me as they once were, or how I didn't really want them in the first place. Some things are still very high on the list of priorities. For example, just today I thought, "I really do need to save up enough money to buy a new kitchen table and chairs." That hasn't changed. But having quite time every weekday just isn't as crucial to me now as it once was. Some things I set as goals were because I felt that they were necessary in order to make me a better person. But they aren't necessary. It's the goals that I have set down because they're things I *want* to do, that I want to accomplish, that have stuck with me.

    So I may remove some of those goals, some of those unnecessary, stale, boring goals, and replace them, even with only 518 days left, with some more important, more realistic goals.